THE POSSIBILITIES FOR THIS SPREAD ARE BOUNDLESS! —Slather on toast, saute some vegetables in it…even add other herbs and spices to it for extra pizzazz. Making it’s a whirl!!
1. Blend 2 fresh garlic cloves well
2. Add ½ cup olive oil and blend until smooth
3. Add 1 tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated: 1 cup Spectrum Organic All-Vegetable Shortening (this is our preferred brand that’s dairy and soy free. You may use another variety.)
4. Add salt to taste and blend
>>You may also experiment with including other herbs and spices as well. Try basil! rosemary! lemon pepper! whatever you fancy
5. Once blended to taste, pour the spread in an airtight container, and set in the fridge until firm.
It’s now ready to spread and make things delicious!