- 4 cups all purpose GF flour (Little Aussie Bakery Brand)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs guar gum
- 1 lb butter or shortening of choice (we like Spectrum organic shortening)
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1.5 -2 cups ice water
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Cut butter/shortening into the dry ingredients and mix until the combined consistency is crumbly
- In a separate bowl, mix together COLD vinegar and ICED water. Add this SLOWLY (a few tablespoons at a time) to the dry dough, kneading together until the dough binds together in a smooth consistency.
- Press out pie crusts immediately (do NOT refrigerate)
>>They may be frozen for future use in their individually pressed pie tins
- Add pie filling and bake as directed by your pie recipe.
For a bit of extra pizzazz in your pie crust, sprinkle the bottom (and top layer once the pie is completely assembled!) with spices appropriate to the recipe you’re using…
- Sweet pies do well with additions of cinnamon, sugar, and ginger. Why not try making your own pumpkin pie spice? Check out this great recipe from “The Rising Spoon.”
- Savory pies could be sprinkled with salt, pepper, sage… Try an Aussie traditional with our lamb pie recipe!
…Let the pie filling inspire your imagination for spices!
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide. For the latest news and deals, follow us!