So you know those nights… the ones where the day seems to have gone on for the equivalent of three days, and you just need a break? You’ve finally gotten everything finished up for the night–dishes are cleared, kids are in bed, and you finally have a few moments to yourself. Time to put your feet up, kick back, relax. There’s only one thing missing–the chocolate! No need to run to the store; just whip up a batch of these heavenly no-bake chocolate bars with ingredients you’ve already got at home, and in less than 10 minutes you’ll be enjoying all the chocolately indulgences you need. Maybe if you’re in a good mood you’ll even save a few for the kids’ lunches tomorrow. Or maybe not.
Oh, did I mention that these tantalizing treats are completely free of gluten, dairy, corn, eggs, and soy? They’re vegan, too. It doesn’t get much better than this! Without further delay, let’s get these made and get back for some serious relaxing.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup heavy cream (for dairy free, use 1 can coconut milk, chilled)
- ½ cup butter (we use this for dairy and soy-free)
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup peanut butter or your favorite substitute
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- If making dairy-free, open the chilled can of coconut milk and skim the thick cream from the top. Keep this thick cream and discard the leftover water.
- Combine the cream, butter, sugar, and cocoa in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Then, stop stirring and allow it to boil for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!
*For best results, allow to chill in the refrigerator before serving (I couldn’t wait that long, so I dove in right away. They were delicious but they definitely set up better if you chill them a little first).This post has been shared at these link parties (click to view).